Friday, March 23, 2012

Chicken and Spaghetti with Capers

I found this recipe in a magazine. It was delicious! (It tasted a lot better than the picture looks) The label for the recipe was pan-seared pork chops but seeing as how I don't really cook with pork, I don't think I've ever purchased pork in my 7 years of marriage. Anyhoo I figured I could just sub chicken and it turned out great. I didn't have any broccoli but next time I will make sure I do!

1 T. oil
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used frozen breasts)
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 T. cornstarch
1 can chicken broth (14.5 oz)
2 T. capers
2 T. lemon juice
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped (I cheated and sprinkled some dry parsley on it)
1/2 pound whole wheat spaghetti, or gluten free spaghetti, or any pasta you like
1 large head of broccoli, cut and steamed

Heat oil in a large skilled over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Saute for 2 minutes on each side. Remove to a plate

Stir Cornstarch into the broth; add to skillet and simmer 1 minute until thickened. Add in capers, lemon juice, and chicken. Cover and simmer 7-9 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Stir in parsley.

Serve chicken with cooked spaghetti and steamed broccoli. Spoon Sauce over spaghetti.

No comments:

Post a Comment