Thursday, March 29, 2012

Chicken Tacos


I made some really easy chicken tacos the other night. I got the chicken recipe from this blog. I made this yummy Mexican rice but it's still a work in progress because the recipe I use calls for white rice and I am determined to tweak the recipe so I can use brown rice and still have it turn out great. I'm getting closer, this last time it tasted great but was a little too mushy. Then we just opened a can of black beans and served it with salsa and guacamole on corn tortillas. The kids loved them, it's always great to have a dinner that all my kids will eat.

Crock pot Salsa Chicken

1 to 1 1/2 lbs. chicken (I used frozen chicken breasts)
1/2 cup salsa
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. salt

Combine all ingredients in your crock pot (I used my small 2 qt.) Cook on Low for 8 hours or High for 4 hours. Shred the chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment